Water Damage Restoration
Avoid Insurance Hassles
Gary's Plumbing, Inc.'s Emergency Water Damage Remediation Team is standing by. We understand the importance of swift action when it comes to water damage. Once you call, we dispatch a team of experts to thoroughly assess the problem, and work with you to develop a plan for rapid, thorough safe remediation and repair.
Call for a FREE Quote
Types of Water Damage
The first action Gary's Plumbing, Inc. takes is to determine the category of water damage present on your property. This is very important, as the hazard level and necessary remediation differs depending on the source and condition of the flood. The following terms and descriptions have been provided to better inform you of the classification of water damage:
Category 1: No health risk is present for you, your family or your pets. Category 1 water is clean, sanitary water, fit for drinking. However, once the clean water leaves its source (a pipe, for example) it can mix with contaminated soil or other pollutants and quickly become Category 2.
Category 2: This water has been contaminated and is not safe for drinking. Another name for Category 2 water is “gray water”. This may have entered your home by a toilet overflow, an aquarium spill, a broken pipe, or a leaking appliance.
Category 3: This water is highly contaminated and may be highly toxic to people and pets. This water may contain pesticides, heavy metals, or raw sewage. Examples are rising floodwater from rivers and streams or any groundwater that is flowing horizontally. Category 3 water is often referred to as “black water”. It will very likely have a noxious odor. In addition to removing the water and thoroughly drying the damaged area, special precautions need to be taken to disinfect and sanitize the affected surfaces.
Gary's Plumbing, Inc. Water Damage Remediation Process
- Assessment: We determine which categories and classes of water damage are present and develop a sound plan of action.
- Extraction: Gary's Plumbing, Inc. remove all water present, and open any structural components such as ceilings and walls if necessary to prevent microorganism growth.
- Drying: State of the art air movers, dehumidifiers and other necessary heavy-duty machinery are used to dry all surfaces, including walls, ceilings, flooring, and carpets as quickly and thoroughly as possible.
- Sanitizing: Contaminated surfaces are sanitized to remove toxins, especially where class 3 water is identified. Odors are neutralized.
- Repair or Replace: We don't stop at ridding your home or building of dangerous sitting water. We also have years of experience in repairing or replacing roofs, flooring, patching ceilings and walls, and expertly painting all surfaces to restore your structure to like-new condition.
Classes of Water Damage
The Classes of Water damage are another way to categorize the extent of damage from water leaks and floods. It has to do with the expected rate of evaporation of the materials involved. Determining the class of water is important in developing a plan of attack to quickly remediate the problem. It also determines the equipment required and the size of the crew to be dispatched.
Class 1: The evaporation rate is fairly high. The water will need to be extracted and the drying time is quick. Very little of the interior building structures are involved.
Class 2: Moderate evaporation rate. An entire room or area is affected, and there are less than two feet of moisture up the walls. The flooring is completely saturated, and quick extraction and drying are essential to prevent mold and mildew growth. The flooring may be damaged and need replacement or repair, but the structural components of the building will generally remain intact.
Class 3: This is a much more damaging situation. Often the flooding has come from above. Walls and ceilings are saturated above two feet. The entire area will need to be extracted and dried very quickly. The ceiling and walls will need to be opened and dried out.
No matter the category or class, the water must be removed and the affected areas thoroughly dried as soon as possible to prevent the growth of microorganisms. Gary's Plumbing, Inc. uses swift action to prevent the growth of mold and mildew. At Gary's Plumbing, Inc., one call does it all! From initial assessment to the last coat of paint, you can count on Gary's Plumbing, Inc. to get it done right, and safely restore your property to new condition.
Talk to a Water Damage Specialist now!
Call for an Estimate